RE: What are the essential features to look for in a live chat software for website?
Live chat software for website needs to have several key requirements:
- Platform stability and responsive chat experience.
- Great customer service from the service provider.
- Embeddability. You should be able to embed live chat either on your website or your web app easily.
In terms of features, you should look for:
- Different chat modes such as asynchronous and synchronous chat. For example, Facebook Messenger and iMessage are asynchronous modes and traditional chat experiences where an agent needs to be available is asynchronous mode.
- Automated messaging. Your live chat solution needs to be able to message online customers automatically using certain rules and triggers.
- Chatbots are essential and need to be a part of the live chat experience for your customers. Agents can’t be available 24/7 but chatbots can be. Chatbots are perfect for level 1 support and can answer commonly asked questions and needs very efficiently at no additional cost.
- Knowledge base. Every live chat solution you consider should have a self-service model where customers can search for content. This knowledge base should be easily accessible so not all questions are directed at your support agents
- Programmable and automated workflows. With all the intricacies with customer inquiries, it’s important for you to be able to route certain conversations to certain people or departments automatically or be able to pick up on certain words and selections and perform automated actions.
- Have plugins available to power up with other 3rd party apps.
Right. The essential features to look for in live chat software for the website are:
Collection of personal and behavioral data.
Ability to upload your custom data.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)