How To Close Open Apps In Windows 10
The applications present in Windows 10 system enhance the experience. Different kinds of applications help users perform various tasks with ease. On the desktop, it is not too difficult to close open apps.
Method A: Prefer closing apps in regular(desktop) mode
- Firstly, you need to use the cross (X) option of window control. You need to put the cursor on top of the (X) symbol. Then, click on it. Note that the application shall get closed.
- Then, right click on the symbol of the taskbar. Next, search for the symbol of the application that you want to close. Right-click on a symbol of application. After that, press on the X Close window.
- Next, go for Task View window.
- Firstly, press the combination of Window+Tab.
- Then, look for the application that you want to close.
- After that, press the (X) option.
- End task by using Task Manager
- Firstly, go to Task Manager. Right-click in the available area on taskbar and press Task Manager.
- Then, make sure that you are in the advanced view.
- After that, make sure that you are on the ‘Apps’ header.
- Lastly, press on End task. It shall be at the end towards the right-hand side. Note that immediately after a few seconds the application shall get close.
- Go for title bar context menu
- Firstly, right-click the title bar of the application.
- Then, select X Close. It shall be towards the end of the menu.
- Prefer the combination of Alt+F4 together
- Pressing the combination of Alt+F4 together shall close the presently chosen application window. The best part is that no other window shall be affected by this.
Method B: Prefer closing applications in Tablet Mode
- Firstly, use the X option window control. You need to click on the X option. And note that the application shall get closed.
- Then, extend the application’s title bar towards the end of the display and lift it.
- After that, prefer using the Task View window.
- Press the combination of Window+Tab.
- Next, search for the application that you want to close.
- Then, long press on the application preview.
- Lastly, select the Close option.
- Go for using Task Manager
- Firstly, click on the search symbol on the taskbar.
- Then, look for the task manager.
- After that, select the matching result.
- Lastly, click on the End task option. Note that app shall get closed in few seconds itself.
Lucia Mandela is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Has passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at Microsoft..